Monday, February 2, 2009

A Thankful Heart

My heart is so full. Over the past week the love and support has been amazing. One of my dearest friends Kristen brought over a card and a pillow she had stitched. She just wanted us to know she was thinking of us. Then we got home one night and a bouquet of flowers, basket of fruit and the most delicious cookies I've ever eaten were left on our front steps. Our friends Matt and Melanie had left them for us. And then last week my friend Patti took from my blog pictures of Harrison's birth and my words and Trent's song and put them altogether on an 8x10 that we can print and have. My mom then called and said, she'd watch the kids so Trent and I could go a much needed date. So we did. We went to Costa Vida and then the new Liam Neeson movie, Taken. Holy cow, everyone should see it. If you loved the Borne movies you'll love this one, so intense and people even clapped at the end. A nice little get away for a few hours.
We've also had many phone calls and emails from people telling us how touched they were by seeing Harry and that they could really feel the spirit just from looking at the pictures, that's exactly what we wanted you to feel. He was the most special thing and I am grateful many of you were touched and could feel that.
I can't thank all of you enough for your love and support. The comments you all left us really helped and just made us realize how truly blessed and loved we are. We love you all so much and really truly feel the love and support and that you care. We've felt the prayers and been touched by so many of you. I just hope I can show my love and support and service to all of you or to some one else in return for what you've all done. I am so thankful and grateful to call all of you my friends. Thank you so much.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Everytime I try to leave a comment, my laptop freezes up on me and it's lost. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing those precious pictures. They are so sweet and what a sweet little boy. I'm 21 weeks pregnant with my little boy right now so it hit really close to home and I realized how hard it would be to go through that right now. Thanks again.

"J" said...

You have some very GREAT friends and family!!!! =)

Your date night sounded like FUN!!! We haven't been to the movies in forever!!!

I'm glad you are feeling better!!!!

(((HUGS)))

Brooke said...

April, honestly I am amazed at how well you are handling and coping with all that you have been through. You and your hubby are amazing! I don't think that I would handle it with such grace. Just know that we think of you often and wonder how you are doing. We love you tons! I know that you know you are surrounded by people who love and care about you. Be sure to lean on others in the times that you are down. You are such an example to everyone around you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

At 12:30 pm today, we found out that little Benjamin Wayne Hamer, who has been on the heart transplant list for only two days, IS GETTING A HEART!!!!! He goes into surgery at 4pm!!!!!

Minwimm said...

You and Trent did so great on your talks in church today. I was going to find you after but both boys fell asleep and we got stuck. You two seem like such a great match for each other. We should get together for Lost after Bryant and I have caught up. (we are half way through season 4)