Here is my little friend the carpenter bee. Ok, so he's not my friend at all. Tuesday night I was trying to go to sleep and I kept hearing a buzzing sound by my ear. I got so freaked out that I threw my pillow and laid down on another one and the buzzing stopped. The next morning Trent woke up and saw a baby bee, it was really small, on the pillow. I knew I wasn't just hearing things. Then yesterday I was cleaning Hudson's room, which happens to be right under ours and I found another baby bee. It was directly under the vent in his room. I then found another one in my room. I was so freaked out I called the bug guys. I explained what it looked like and that I thought they were coming from our new log bed that we just moved in the house. She said, yup, they are called carpenter bee's and they burrow in wood and other places. She said they lay dormant for awhile and probably the moving of the bed is what woke them up and hatched. I was so freaked out. She said they would come spray and it is guaranteed that they will die and be gone. So the guy came and sprayed the bed, I made him spray in every hole, nook, and cranny. He sprayed the bed over three times, just in case. He then sprayed the rest of the house for bee's and all other insects, even all kinds of spiders. He even sprayed the garage and outside of the house. You never can be too safe. So now I am bug free. Its a nice feeling except that I am still hesitant about sleeping in my bed. We spent the night at my moms house last night because they say it takes up to a day to kill them. I guess I am most scared about sleeping in our bed because the hole where they were coming out of is directly above my head. So today Trent is going to fill the holes with wood putty and varnish them off. I think I will be switching sides of the bed.Thursday, June 28, 2007
My friend the Carpenter Bee
Here is my little friend the carpenter bee. Ok, so he's not my friend at all. Tuesday night I was trying to go to sleep and I kept hearing a buzzing sound by my ear. I got so freaked out that I threw my pillow and laid down on another one and the buzzing stopped. The next morning Trent woke up and saw a baby bee, it was really small, on the pillow. I knew I wasn't just hearing things. Then yesterday I was cleaning Hudson's room, which happens to be right under ours and I found another baby bee. It was directly under the vent in his room. I then found another one in my room. I was so freaked out I called the bug guys. I explained what it looked like and that I thought they were coming from our new log bed that we just moved in the house. She said, yup, they are called carpenter bee's and they burrow in wood and other places. She said they lay dormant for awhile and probably the moving of the bed is what woke them up and hatched. I was so freaked out. She said they would come spray and it is guaranteed that they will die and be gone. So the guy came and sprayed the bed, I made him spray in every hole, nook, and cranny. He sprayed the bed over three times, just in case. He then sprayed the rest of the house for bee's and all other insects, even all kinds of spiders. He even sprayed the garage and outside of the house. You never can be too safe. So now I am bug free. Its a nice feeling except that I am still hesitant about sleeping in my bed. We spent the night at my moms house last night because they say it takes up to a day to kill them. I guess I am most scared about sleeping in our bed because the hole where they were coming out of is directly above my head. So today Trent is going to fill the holes with wood putty and varnish them off. I think I will be switching sides of the bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my GOSH! I can't believe that! What a learning experience!
Whoah, that is so scary!!! I am so scared of bees, I would have totally freaked out. I hope they are all gone and taken care of!
Post a Comment