Like I said earlier I am so lucky to have had some amazing Grandparents in my life.
And my kids are so lucky to have them in their lives now.
GG (Great Grammy) as my kids call her, took ruby to the Fairy Tale Ball at the Treehouse a few weeks ago. Ruby wanted to be Snow White so I dressed her all up and I think she made the best Snow White ever!
They danced, had tea and cookies, and listened to stories all night. I only wish GG had taken pictures at the Ball. But what a memory for Ruby!
Dark long hair, pale skin, and blue eyes, the perfect Snow White!
My dads parents are just as amazing! Here they are in their prime. Are they beautiful? I love the picture of my Grandma Ruby I think she looks like a movie star. Oh and my Grandpa Roy? SO handsome! I love that chin! I saw that picture and realized where my Griffin gets his chin, Grandpa! I miss him so much! He was the sweetest thing ever! I can only imagine how awful life will be when I don't have Grandparents anymore.
Here is my Ruby with Grandma Ruby, her namesake.
Since my Grandpa passed away my Grandpa Ruby has been living in an amazing Assisted living home. she loves it! She has tons of friends and loves all the activities and company. So we visited a few weeks ago and it made her day.
Finn was so sweet to Grandma. He just talked to her and kept hugging her. He loved her so much! And Grandma loved him. She just kept saying how sweet he was and what a good boy he was. He really is the sweetest thing ever! See his chin? Just like Grandpa.
Here I am with my sweet Grandma. She is the kindest, most gentle, lady. She is amazing at genealogy work and has the best stories to tell. I love to hear about how they got married and then he went off to war, he came home for a short while, she got pregnant and then he left to war again. They have some amazing love letters, she wrote him every single day! I love life back then, so simple!
It makes me sad she doesn't have her sweetheart. The day we visited I asked how she was doing and she said fine. Hurting, she's 91, and missing Grandpa. She said she was sad because she never dreams about him. It made me want to cry! We tried to tell her I bet he's always with her and I bet she dreams about him but she doesn't remember. I know he's there with her. Oh I can't imagine how hard it would be to lose your love after all those years of marriage. I hope when Trent or I die, the other is not far along.
1 comment:
so sweet! Oh those pictures make me miss them so much. Grandma is so sweet and cute, and those pictures with the kids are so darling! Finn is so cute, LOVE his chin! Totally from Grandpa. So fun that Ruby got to go to the ball with Grammy
Post a Comment