Since Harrison, I have had the stomach flu/food poisoning 3 times. And I had it 3 times prior last year, one that sent me to the ER. What is up? I don't know if I am being punished because that's sure how it feels. I got it horribly on Thanksgiving night, just 2 weeks after Harrison was born. It was bad, I was still trying to recover. Then, last Saturday when I was up with Ruby and her croup I started to feel sick, really sick. I was in and out of the bathroom all night and doubled over with stomach cramps and nausea. I took a phenergan to try and ease the nausea and so I could rest, all while trying to take care of a sick baby who probably needed to go to the Er but I was too loopy on meds. The next day I felt better but was weak. Well then Thursday night we took the kids to get dessert to celebrate Trent for winning Utah Small Business of the Year. Crazy huh. (more on this to come) I am so proud of him and his accomplishment, he works so hard and it is so great to see others see it too.
Well, after we got home I just kept saying how much my tummy hurt. So Trent got the kids in bed and I just laid down while watching tv. Then about 10:30 it got so bad I decided to take a bath to help. Minutes later I was up throwing up everything. It happened all night long. I was in so much pain and couldn't stop. It was probably the worst I had it in a long time. Trent was so surprised someone could be that sick and have that much inside of them. My whole body hurt and I just kept saying, "Why me?" I know that with Ruby being so sick I did not sleep seriously for 4 days so that probably didn't help either and that the stomach flu had gone through my whole family, but still, why me? I have had my fair share of stuff.
I don't know if I have something wrong with my stomach or if because of my horrible pregnancy and being so sick and having to have blood and the trauma I've been through that my immune system just isn't what it used to be. Well, today I feel better, just weak and crampy, I was so sick I lost 7lbs, crazy huh. I'm sure the minute I feel better it will come back on but still crazy.
Anyways, should I be worried? Do you think I am ok, that its just that I have not recovered all the way? That my immune system still needs time? What? I always wonder, "why me?" Why have I had to go through so much lately. The stomach flu might not be that bad to those of you out there, you might be thinking, so what it was just a little bug, but its more than that to me. I've been through so much and to keep getting sick and having dumb things happen to me on top of the huge things is just frustrating, hard. But I do know it could always be worse, but I still always ask, "Why me?"
We will never know the answers to life's questions, to those "Why me" so I just have to move. Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin said, "The question “Why me?” can be a difficult one to answer and often leads to frustration and despair. There is a better question to ask ourselves. That question is “What could I learn from this experience?”The way we answer that question may determine the quality of our lives not only on this earth but also in the eternities to come. Though our trials are diverse, there is one thing the Lord expects of us no matter our difficulties and sorrows: He expects us to press on. I know after much tribulation come the blessings. I know I just need to be patient, be humble, have faith, and be grateful. I find it difficult especially when I feel like I am failing or things keep happening but I will continue to try. Its the only thing I know how to do, try.
16 comments:
I am so sorry I hate to throw up and I know you do too. I hope that it is just lack of sleep. I hear you on the throw ups I have done my fair share of the pukes too.
wow congrats to Trent. Do you wonder if it might be something else other than the flu...Does anyone else ever get it when you get it? Sorry you are so sick.
Hope you are feeling better sooon. 7lbs yay!
oh April I'm so sorry!! You are not being punished!! I know its hard not to feel that way and I'm a hypocrite cuz I feel that way sometimes but deep down you know its not. I'm sorry you have been so sick on top of everything else! I bet it is just your immune system being down because of everything. But it wouldn't hurt to just call your doctor and talk to the nurse on the phone or something. Hope you get feeling better soon! Take care of yourself!
April, I found your blog and I just wanted to tell you that I love your posts, thoughts and testimony. I did not know about Harrison, and I am so sorry that you had to deal with that and now you have been so sick. I also wanted to tell you that even though we were never close, I always admired your strength and courage to do what was right. I hope you don't mind me checking your blog, I have enjoyed browsing through it. Check ours out sometime it's nmwallis.blogspot.com.
I hope you feel better soon,
Melanie
I am so sorry!!! I would ask why me too? Being sick is the worst and espcially after all you've gone through you don't deserve it! I hope you get feelin better!
Trent told me you were sick but I had no idea you were dying ;) I would love to take the kids for a bit so you can relax and rest. I am sure Jaren and Ozzy would love to have friends to play with.
Congrats to Trent too. That is quite an accomplishment!
Sorry to her about you being so sick. Congrats to Trentson that's awesome. Maybe try eating an Activia or a Danactive yogurt everyday,probiotic bacteria helps with intestinal immunity.
could be a multitude of things - gall bladder ? your diet ? losing weight like you have sometimes can aggravate gall bladder issues - - might want to go to your doc and have a thorough exam.
GOOD LUCK !
and CONGRATS to Trent - way to GO !
I would totally get into the Doctor. You might have somehting going on that you didn't know of. It's better to know than to keep being sick. Good luck let me know if you need any help!
I;m no nurse yet, but i think you should maybe just get a check up and maybe they can run some blood tests to see if you are okay.. I hope you feel better soon!!!
I love that talk of Elder Wirthlin's! Isn't it from the October conference...I'm pretty sure that was the last message he left us with. It is so great and has helped me understand this life a little bit better. I'm sorry things are rough right now!
I know that this is shallow but loosing weight after the flu is definitely a plus! I sort of count on getting sick at least once a year to loose that extra five or so. It's HORRIBLE going through it but it's awesome when it's over and your pants fit just a little better! LOL
I am so sorry you keep getting sick.... It isnt fair for you after everything you have gone through, But hang in there things will get better I am positive of that... And if you ever need anything let me know.
I am sorry, once was bad enough for me. i can't imagine being sick as often as you! Stay healthy, should go on walks together to stay healthy and get our vitamin D, as soon as the sun returns!
maybe you have IBS... (Come on,think of the coding days from workÜ) I think you should go see your Doc and make sure nothing serious is wrong... Keep us posted!
I am so sorry!
Post a Comment