We've had a busy summer already. I swear lately my kids "schedule" has been thrown out the window. We are gone almost every night or don't realize its 9:00 so our kids are going to bed late. The other night we had nothing going on and I actually got Ruby in bed after 8 like normal. I was shocked.
This is my favorite time of the year. I love the month of July. I consider myself quite the patriotic gal. I want to go to all the fireworks, parades, everything. I can't wait. My house is already set for the 4th, although in a week or so I have to take it down to move.
Anyways, this last week was our South Ogden Days. Trent decided to run the 5k again. I didn't want too. I probably should've gotten off my butt to run it but I didn't. It was fun to watch everyone else do it though. Our ward is crazy. They are mainly the reason why I didn't, they are all runners and so I just didn't want to even try to compete.
He did awesome, he beat his last years time and didn't stop running the whole time. I think he ran it in 27 minutes. That is great considering he hadn't run in over two weeks. Too busy.
I know, this is a fake picture of him running to the finish line, but the pic I took of him didn't work. My camera battery was dying, so it delayed the pic. He did awesome.
She kept taking my sisters ipod and listening to the music.
Then the next night was the parade. It was really good parade, but we arrived a bit late so we didn't' have any shade to sit under. My sister Amy, being 8 months prego was dying, as were the rest of us. The kids stocked up on so much candy. So much for me telling Hudson we don't have any because now we do. (Side note, he asks me for candy everyday. I explain everyday, we don't' have any. I tell him if you can find some you can have it. He is so funny. Except now we do have some so that doesn't work anymore. )
4 comments:
Don't you just love how i'm always the first one to leave a comment, shows you how busy i am at work. ha ha That is so fun, I'm sad we didn't go to the parade, but not too sad, i can't stand just roasting in the heat! Trent did a great job in the race!
Cute family April! Also congrats on selling your home. You'll love Mtn. Green! I lived there in my younger days and loved it!
Jen
That's awesome that Trent ran. It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. :)
I love SO days. I think that the city does an amazing job. I saw you at the parade-you are soooooo skinny. (I was driving a truck-so I don't think too many people noticed me.)
Post a Comment