Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Elder Speechly


"Wherefore the field is white already to ready harvest: and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with is might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not,
but bringeth salvation to his soul." D&C 4:4

I can't believe its time. Yes, time for this young man, or should I say Elder to leave on his mission. I am so emotional about it. I try not to think about it much because if I do I start crying, like right about.... now. I love this kid and I can't imagine all the emotions he must be going through as well as my parents. His farewell is on Sunday and then he leaves next week, straight to Ghana. I know he'll do great. He is such an outgoing kid and so friendly, he seriously loves everyone. I know he'll just eat up the Ghanaian people. I know we'll all miss him dearly, he is the youngest and only boy in my family so this is extra special to all of us. Love you Jeff.

Oh and for those of you that want to follow his mission, my mom has started a new blog, and yes this time she is posting. Hang in there mom and dad. Just think of the blessings.
You can follow it here.

2 comments:

Sammy said...

i love this post but it makes me cry! I'm the same, i just can't think about it too much, so sad but SO exciting. he's going to be the BEST missionary, can't wait for this weekend it'll be fun

Brooke said...

That is exciting, I just had both my brother and my brother in-law come home from their missions, it went by so fast and they grow so much! Hawaii looks awesome! How fun! And we gave Syd a snow white dress for her birthday like a month ago and she has worn it EVERY DAY. Obsessed is a good word for it.