He said he didn't want any. So I tried everything, "The whole family is going out for a treat, so if you want to come you have to eat them." That didn't work.
He had to take the treat to preschool today and so I said, "If you eat your veggies you can pick the treat out at the store." That didn't work either. I even called the Easter Bunny, aka, my mom and told him that Hudson wasn't eating his veggies. I explained that the East Bunny loves veggies and he only comes to little boys houses who eat veggies. He looked at me as if to say, "So what, I know he'll still come." I was done, I didn't know what to do. If I force him to eat it, he will throw it up and everything he's eaten. The kid is so skinny, he doesn't eat anything, but is getting better. I heard its a boy thing, so hopefully Ruby will be different. If he gets it in his mind that he doesn't want to eat then he won't. I had put myself in a place, because I knew that I would eventually have to give in and let him off the table, but I am just sick of him eating crap.
The kid doesn't like fruit, even as a baby. I have to sneak fruit into smoothies, even then, he can tell sometimes. He lives off of yogurt drinks, ovaltene, string cheese, basically dairy, and he loves meat. Whenever we go out to eat, he orders the ribs off the kids menu. The only veggies he likes are peas, corn on the cob(he actually loves it), and salad. My sister gave me that cookbook where you hide veggies in their food, I need to start using it, but I just know he will know. I guess its worth a try.
I've stopped asking him what he wants for lunch and just started giving him something, it has worked pretty good. What to do. Every so often when I make soup or a casserole, he'll eat the veggies that are in there, and go, hey, I do like veggies, but if I give him the leftovers the next day, nope, not a chance. This little boy is so stubborn and had a mind of his own that you can't change.
This is him 20 minutes later, still no veggies eaten. He started to cry, saying that he didn't want any, he kept saying he was full. Do his see his plate and bowl? He had hardly eaten anything. We had chicken Parmesan w/ noodles and veggies. I gave him his two favorite plates and he still wouldn't eat. And still no veggies eaten. I told him I was taking pictures because one day he wouldn't believe me that he didn't like veggies. I am such a mean mom.
So finally I asked him what vegetable he would eat and he said, salad. So, he won, I gave him a bowl of salad, of course with Ranch, oh so nutritious, and he got off the table. Kids!
8 comments:
I think you tried everything. Keep going strong. He will get it. Alton Brown on the Food Network has some great vegetable and soup recipes for kids.
Keep going!
It's pretty frustrating, huh? I was reading in a book about how a mom would set out cucumbers and snack on them all day and exclaim about how much she loved them. She said that after several days the kids finally started eating them - they wanted to know what mom was so excited about. It sounds great in theory, but I don't know if it would really work in practice. lol. Good luck!!
Have you heard of Jessica Seinfelds book (jerry's wife) Deceptivly delicious? She hids Vegie's in EVERYTHING...seriously! SHe just blends it up and has a whole recipe book with it...we have it and it's great! We still serve vegie's w/dinner but then I still have piece of mind something is going in thats good!!! If you want some recipes I'll scan them too you!
That is so hard!!! Emmy is already getting picky. She still likes baby food veggies so I give them to her. At least they are veggies! What can you do? At least he eats salad, that's great!
I feel your pain, I don't have eating problems too much, but I have others. You are a wonderful mom though. Check out Love and Logic online or at the library. They are all about consequences. I love it.
Good Luck!
Use that recipe book you got for Christmas and let me know how it works out!
This too shall pass! :)
So, how did he do with the Jessica Seinfeld book? I am curious, if it works on Huddy then it'll work on anyone!!!
(In referance to your comment)Well, if you ladies would learn how to drive we as husbands would not have to HELP you out with your driving. LOL :)
Kevin
You need to use it so i can know how it goes, Becka's (my sister in law) mom uses it all the time and really likes the recipes.
Post a Comment