Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Hinckley Challenge

I came across a website on Sunday while looking for a FHE lesson, it is The Hinckley Challenge. President Hinckley often stressed making the Book of Mormon part of our lives. He was 97 when he passed away, and so on the website they have started a challenge to celebrate his life and teachings. If you sign up, you are challenged to read the book of Mormon in 97 days.
I was like wow, but then knew it could be done and knew I had to do it. The website is cool because if you sign up, it automatically tells you how many pages to read a day in order to complete the task by May 10th. I have to read 5.4 pages a day to complete and so far so good.
I am super excited about this challenge and know that I will gain a stronger testimony and hopefully retain more about the book of Mormon by doing so.
There are almost 27,000 people participating. Are you ready for the challenge? If so click here.

No comments: